DIY Flannel Vest

Last weekend my husband received a flannel shirt from the Wish App which was supposed to be a men’s 3X. Not surprisingly, it did not fit him and it barely fits me. The reason it became a vest is because my arms did not fit in the sleeves and it doesn’t button over my chest.

I was determined to make this $2 shirt into a wearable garment and got some patches from One Hand Printing and ToothxNail on Etsy. These are some of my favorite shops for patches and their designs are amazing. I also used leftover studs from the Monster Patch Pants.

After removing the sleeves I sewed the collar down on the inside to make a stiff base for my studs so that they would not weigh down the fabric and make it sag.

IMG_0436

Next was my favorite part, the patches. For me, the layout is always the most time consuming part of a project because I am so indecisive and took me a couple of hours to settle on. The back patch is actually two patches sewn together. The bottom patch is a solar eclipse from ToothxNail with coffins and flowers by One Hand Printing on top. The coffins is the only patch from One Hand that I used on this but I have many others and they are such great and detailed designs. ToothxNail has a lot of anatomical designs that are kind of creepy but I love it.

The overall assembly of this vest took about three hours to cut, sew and apply studs and I spent $30 on all of the supplies. I am so happy with how this turned out. Comment to let me know what you think.

Thank you so much for reading.

See you Tuesday!

xoxo

Advertisements

One Comment Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s