DIY Monster Patch Pants

For the past few weeks I have been working on these DIY classic movie monster patch pants for my husband (He likes to say that he made them but all he did was pick out the patches).

IMG_0264I used: a pair of old distressed black skinny jeans that probably would have gotten thrown out if I had not repurposed them

some silver studs that kind of work like staples to attach to the fabric and made it easier to move them around when I didn’t like the placement

chains that I got at Home Depot, which was a strange experience since its just full of middle aged men thet like to work on things in the garage and I got some weird looks trying to measure out chain on my waistband.

and 22 classic monster and horror patches purchased from various Etsy stores.

We wanted to stay in a black and white color scheme which made it kind of hard to find all of the monsters that we wanted since most of the patches we found were in full color. There are still a couple that we are looking to add but I have finally reached  a point where they can be worn without looking odd.

Since the denim and some of the patches were too thick for my sewing machine I had to hand stitch them on which took about 10 to 20 minutes each depending on the size and after a few of them in a row would hurt my fingertips, this is most of the reason why it took so long to complete. Looking back I think thimbles would have helped solve that problem.


Over all I am very pleased with my work and my husband loves them, even though he hated modeling them.

Thank you so much for reading.

See you Tuesday


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s